The long-awaited collection of vegan dinners with 5 or less ingredients that I actually make on a weekly basis. Nothing fancy or expensive – just simple meatless meals. They are also gluten-free. Enjoy!
1. Taco Bowl
- Pre-made Guacamole
- Can of Refried Beans
- Coconut Oil
- Wash yams and leave the skins on (they’re the healthiest part). Chop yams into chunks. The smaller the chunks the faster they will cook. Add two spoonfuls of coconut oil to a frying pan and cook the yams until soft. Optional: add some sea salt and garlic powder.
- Warm the refried beans.
- Put the yams in a bowl. Top with beans, guacamole, and your favorite salsa. Optional: vegan shredded cheese, black olives, and hot sauce.
2. Lentil Salad
- Pre-cooked Lentils
- Vegan Bruschetta Sauce
- Pre-chopped veggie combo pack (cabbage, celery, carrots)
- Purple Onion
- Chop up lettuce and onion. Put on a plate.
- Mix lentils, sauce, and pre-chopped veggies in a large bowl. Put several scoops on top of the lettuce or cold brown rice pasta.
3. “Tuna” Sandwich
- Gluten-Free Bread (or bread of choice)
- Can of Garbanzo Beans
- Dill Pickles
- Mash garbanzo beans with a fork. Mix in desired amount of Vegenaise, mustard, and diced pickles.
- Spread on bread or eat with crackers/ celery sticks. Optional: lettuce, onions, tomatoes, or whatever you like on a sandwich.
4. Tofu Ricotta
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic Powder
- Drain tofu and crumble into a bowl with your fingers. Squeeze in a splash of lemon juice. Mix in olives (or artichokes, capers, and hearts of palm – depending on preference).
- Mix in yeast and garlic to taste. Optional: sea salt and pepper.
- Eat plain, add to brown rice with pasta sauce, or toss it on a salad.
5. Curry Comfort Bowl
- Can of Garbanzo Beans (or your favorite kind of bean)
- Jar of Vegan Curry Sauce
- Coconut Oil
- Simmer garbanzo beans in a pot with the jar of curry sauce.
- Cut polenta into large chunks and brown in a separate pan with two spoonfuls of coconut oil.
- Scoop polenta into a bowl and top with warm bean and sauce mixture.
6. Lentil Soup
- Red Split Lentils
- Yellow Onion
- Curry Powder
- Boil two cups water and add one cup of lentils (they cook in about 5 minutes).
- Chop up carrots and onions. Toss them in with the nearly cooked lentils.
- Sprinkle in curry powder (super good for you so the more you add the better) and squeeze in lemon juice to taste. Optional: sea salt and pepper. You can also top it with sliced avocado or chunks of fresh tomato.
- Brown Rice Noodle (whatever thickness and style you prefer)
- Vegan Pho Broth (or mushroom broth)
- Braggs Amino Acid or Tamari
- Mung Bean Sprouts
- Cook noodles according to package. Warm broth. Saute large chunks of drained tofu with Braggs Amino Acids or tamari (you can also marinate overnight for more flavor).
- Combine in individual bowls. Top with sprouts. Optional: Slice of lemon, hot sauce, steamed veggies (bok choy, broccoli, cabbage, etc. – healthiest if they stay crunchy), fresh basil, and a sprinkle of dried seaweed.
*Bonus Meal (in case you hate one recipe)*
8. Power Protein Bowl
- Quinoa (sub in brown rice if desired)
- Can of Black Beans
- White Onion
- Mango Salsa
- Prepare quinoa according to package (or buy pre-cooked). Add black beans. Optional: sea salt and pepper.
- Saute chopped onions and yams until soft.
- Combine in a bowl and top with mango salsa (or mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper).